RE: More Y2K Babble...

** Brian wrote below...

-----Original Message-----
From:	Orphelin@xxxxxxx [mailto:Orphelin@xxxxxxx]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 03, 1998 3:52 PM
To:	Omega-list
Subject:	Re: OMEGA's Y2K Latest Published Stance?!?!?

Dans un courrier daté du 29/10/98 07:26:20 Heure d7iver Pari20 Madrid,
bnm03@xxxxxxx a écrit :
> TS users who need a Y2K patch are no more
>  assured of getting one in June then they were last June.  How many other
>  mellenium bugs are waiting to be discovered in TS4.0?

Surprise!
>  Can charting really
>  plot beyond the year 2000?

Yes
>Are all EL functions compatible with y2000?

Yes, in version5

**Pierre, this isn't a v5 issue it's a TS4 issue -- stop getting confused.
We all know V5 is y2K compat.(it best be).  What we want is a y2K compliant
v4 patch NOW NOW NOW.  All other major trade software vendors IN OMEGA'S
CLASS have got their products y2k compliant.  Why hasn't Omega?  Because
they're Omega.

>  What about internal monitroing of systems beyond year 2000?  We don't
know
>  how all functions of TS will behave past the year 2000 but I'll bet Omega
>  does.  In fact, their betting that it will be so screwed up their best
bet
>  is to drag Y2K issue so far out that users will be all but forced to
upgrade
>  to 5.0.

Your interest is to upgrade, regardless to the yk2 problem, and to any money
consideration.

**See already you're stumping for an upgrade as a y2k complaint patch.  This
is BS because it doesn't give the user choice of staying with Ts4 or
upgrading to 5.  You're english is good but for some reason you keep getting
confused.   I want an upgrade NOW.  I deserve an upgrade -- FREE -- NOW.
Maybe the Omega brothers are really from France because you guys seem to
think alike.  Most consumers like choices.  They don't like to be forced to
plunk down $500 for an upgrade patch when the previous version (TS4) should
have been compliant when it was released.  You guys in France must have
different standards like Omega from the rest of the software industry.

>Why produce a patch when the problems in TS4.0 after 2000 are
>  beyond your wildest imagination and everyone will be forced to upgrade!
>  When 5.0 comes out most will want to upgrade to 5.0 and those few
remaining
>  with 4 will not be able to complain loud enough.  This is the kind of BS
>  marketing ploys Ohmagit is renowned for.

Why ALWAYS see the wrong side of the things ????????
Delays are not kept?
Yes.
Is it a proof hat they will never be kept?
No.
For the moment, it's the industry standard.
Why bother your life with this ?

**We already suspect that Omega's Y2k patch for TS4 will be an upgrade to
TS5 so stop hyping this.

>  Yes, when I buy software I expect it to work for more than a couple
years.
It will...
**I DON'T WANT  "WILL"  I WANT "NOW".  I WANT TS4 NOT TS5 TO BE COMPATIBLE.

**STOP GETTING CONFUSED!!!

Brian.

Rgds,

Pierre Orphelin