Re: HELP LETS GET GOING HERE !!!!

J. Rodney Grisham wrote:

> I have provided many suggestions for fixes and workarounds to
> Bill C.  The simplest is either a standalone program to read
> ascii tick data and write an omz file, or even just document
> the omz format so those of us with software skills could write
> our own conversion program.

What's the worst case situation?  Omega fails to come up with a patch?
Omega goes belly up?  Omega continues to operate but doesn't provide a
patch in time?  Any others?

There are alternatives to each of these scenarios.  There will be (or
is) some other s/w available as an alternative, whether it's TradeLab or
Ensign or WoW or any other.

If Omega continues to operate, it would mean to me that TS5.0 is
released.  Omega's ability to continue with non Y2k compliant s/w in the
next year would *severely* hamper sales (read: none) no matter how much
advertising they do.  This means that upgrading to TS5 would be one of
the alternatives that you have to consider in the absense of a patch.

If Omega doesn't continue to operate, then I would think that the .omz
format will be documented and someone else will provide a patch for all
that wish to continue to want to use TS4.0. This would probably mean
using some other s/w in the mean time.  At $29/mo. maybe Ensign would do
the trick.

Ultimately, a patch will either arrive in time, or you will have to
switch to some other software, either temporarily or permanently.
Whether you *should have to* or not, is another matter.

-Alan