Re: Omega's Board of Directors

Mark Brown wrote:

> How about listing names/addresses (both snail and e-mail if available) of
> Omega's Board of Directors at your site, Mark?
> As to Omega's recent posting on the so-called Y2K "fix" for TS4: I'll bet
> you dimes to donuts that that statement was put out on advice of Omega's
> lawyers ("we warned you" therefore "it's not our fault")...much the same
> strategy the tobacco industry used in printing warning messages on cigarette
> packs.  Smoke and Mirrors, Mark...Smoke and Mirrors.
>
> name witheld

Sure, it was issued on advice of counsel, and there is no
coincidence about the timing either.

Just before it adjourned, Congress passed a law which gives
software suppliers and others involved in installation and
configuration of software a rock to hide under when it comes
to responsibility for damage caused to their customers by
Y2K problems.

This loop hole was announced this week (or last) in one of the
electronic magazines for the software industry to which I still
subscribe.  I thought about posting the notice to this list,
with the comment that Omega would now not provide a Y2K fix.
But I decided not to post it, in case Omega missed the news.

No such luck.  Omega hopped right on the "We're not responsible
bandwagon."

I do not remember the details, but as I recall, under the new
law, notification of potential Y2K problems provided within a
certain time frame, will prevent class action lawsuits over Y2K
bugs.  A notice posted on one's www site is sufficient notice,
among other options for notice.

Happy trading until Y2K stymies you,

Rod