WinNT 4 SP4

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WinNT 4 SP4
  • From: tagteam@xxxxxxx (James F. Mazzulla)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:00:59 -0400 (EST)

Bob B. wrote:
>Microsoft states the download file size is 17.6 MB.  However, the actual
>download file size is 32.772 MB.  The download time is about 2.5 hours at 28
>.8 KB.

There's also a Y2K version which over twice as large.

I have 3 NT machines and applied SP4 to them recently. No anomalies
when running TS4 and the TS5 beta (PR1).

However, I discovered that each one of my machines displayed a message
to the effect that my machines were = not= fully Y2K compliant and
that I needed SP1 of Microsoft Data Components Access Pack v2.0.

After days of searching, I finally found the file at
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/. The name of the files is
MDACTYPI.EXE. This file is around 6.2MB in length and is dated
10/6/98. After D/L'ing and applying the file, I ran Y2Ksetup.exe which
stated, "No Known Year 2000 issues detected on this system".

Best regards,
Jim