Trouble in SC4

Hey All,

I have setup a system in SC4.  I am trying to tell it to  limit buy at the
previous days high + 1 point.

The problem is, that it will only execute the buy on 1 condition and that
is:

If the NEXT days bar trades through the previous days high + 1 point. (this
is ok)

The 2 places it does not work are:
1)  If there is a gap up on the next day, then SC4 doesn't recognize that as
a (high + 1 point) AND

2) If the next day does not reach the previous days high + 1 point, but the
2nd day from the setup bar reaches the High + 1 point, SC4 wont signal a buy
either.

It is as if SC4 only looks at the immediate bar to the right and nothing
past that...

This happens on the SELL side as well.  Any opinions??

Mark