Re: New List

I have had an other idea, that is more effective:

What we need is:

1) A new list. This is easy to create and several hosting sites exist. A
digest version is also possible.

** OK you guys have touched my heart!  I will let you take over my code list
I'm not using it, and I'll host it for free!

2) A moderated list, but with a moderator.

** OK I'll volenteer to moderate it for you, as soon as I read up on
Communisumn a bit.

3) A simple rule: Bashing not allowed here more than a limit level for a
given subject. For example, lets say that an imaginary contributor (Adam
Early, for example)
posts three times the same thread  (TS4 yk2 not compliant , want my patch
now):

-One post in an information.
-Two posts is acceptable.
-Three is symptomatic of a bashing issue.
-4 th post: Adam is  REMOVED from the list for one month.

Next bashing serie posting: removed for 2 months, then 4, then 8, then 16
(after, yk2 is solved).

4) To allow a continuity with the current Omega List, contributors may want
to post on both lists, and reply on both lists. They will filter out the
Omega2 List and continue to read Omega List. When they feel a bashing level
thay cannot support, they read the Omega2 archive and filter out Omega List,
and set Omega2 as their current list.

5) From that  first point, and after a few weeks or months, one list will be
recognized by the kind of user that it targets. Omega products people that
are interested will often read Omega2 List . People interested on bashing
will stay on Omega list, that will become impossible to read.

6) Later, either Omega List dies, and this is not a problem because Omega
List2 is still here. Or Omega List becomes what it should be: Different that
what it currently is.

In both cases, the users are the winners. For the moment, we are all losers
(of our time).

Just my 2.5 eurocents.

** OK, OK I agree to all the above and will do it for free for you guys!
BUT remember PO END OF FIRST QUARTER NEXT YEAR YOU WORK FOR ME!    MB

-Pierre Orphelin

PS:I'm not a canditate to moderate.

I know I'll do it!