Re: y2k woes & omega

Dans un courrier daté du 27/10/98 17:26:46 Heure d5iver Pari46 Madrid,
bnm03@xxxxxxx a écrit :

>  As usual you refuse to see the forest from the trees (cause I know you
can).
>  The only thing is that you have one big honeypot of software venture and
>  income source to protect.  The more people that defect from TS the less
>  people there are to buy your wares.  Therefor it's in your best monetary
>  interest to support Omega all you can.  I sure most on this list aren't
>  being fooled that your posting for altrustic reasons.  I will give you
>  credit for your marketing -- giving a little usually returns a lot.

Wrong.
I make more money by trading than selling software.
If Omega is no more the best environment to run them, we will switch to the
new one.
I do not post for 100% altruistic reasons, that's right.

>  Take this blindfold away Pierre and I think you'd see the light.
>
>  Increase your understanding of what software should be and how it should
>  work and I think you'd see parts of Tradestation in a whole different
light.

>  Like Omega if you would just acknowledge that Y2K is a shortcoming and it
>  was poor planning on the part of Omega and that Omega should have delivered
>  a Y2K patch a year ago and that Omega is putting the income source of many
>  in jepordy and that they SHOULD PAY ME FOR THE TIME I SPEND WORKING AROUND
>  THESE STUPID LIMITATIONS -- then we could get on with other things.

You are right on the planning part, but  feel that the problem is more
complicated.
Unless what you are , I'm a pragmatic.
We could get on other things now.

>  Your American Software Guru Friend,