Re:Basic EL Problem

If Open < Close[1] then Buy Close[1] stop;
If Open > Close[1] then Sell Close[1] stop;

Try this is what you want.
Subject: Basic EL Problem
Author: Michael Harris
Date:  10/27/98 3:09 PM

I am trying to better learn EL and was attempting to code a simple
concept discussed here recently.  That is, if the open is below
yesterday's close, buy when price exceeds yesterday's close... and the
reverse for sells.

I tried:
If open < close[1] then buy at close[1] limit;
If open > close[1] then sell 1000 at close[1] stop;

but the entries are all over the place.  Can someone tell me what simple
thing I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Mike