Arrays/Dlls

I posted a question on this forum last week concerning
multi-dimensional arrays, and didn't get one single response.

Has this turned into an omega-bashing only list? . . . I hope not.

Anyhow, I spent some time over the weekend looking a little closer at
my array needs here, and I'm now thinking that my programming
requirements are just too vast for EL to handle. I've worked with EL
ever since purchasing TS almost four years ago, and this is the first
time this has happened. I'm not a programmer, but I'm willing and
fully capable of learning. I'm just wondering what my next step should
be? I don't want to read a vast number of books before being able to
program this. I'd like to study some rudimentary things, enough to get
me started and then learn along the way.

Perhaps a quick description of my needs might help those more
experienced point me in the right direction;

I have constructed, in EL, an analysis which produces a data series in
which each data point is classified in four different ways. In terms
of an EL array, it would look like this:  Array[9,9,1000,5]   I soon
found out that EL can't handle something this size.

Once that Array is calculated, I need to sort the resultant data
according to those four characteristics and then perform some simple
calculations on that sorted data for plotting.

That's the nuts & bolts of what I need to do.  Anybody have any
suggestions for my next step?

Thanks in advance,
Bob Hunt