Re: y2K woes & omega

UMCANE01@xxxxxxx writes:
>If you were a true computer-geek, you would side with Omega and
>understand and realize the dilemmas that they are facing as a
>software company...

In my entire professional software career, from the early
nineteen-seventies, I never worked anywhere that would have
*considered* releasing non-y2k-compliant software. With the
rollover a mere ten, or twenty, or whatever years away, why
would ANY self-respecting developer not take the extra five
minutes (if that) to complete the job properly?  Come on.

As far as Omega's ultimate action on this issue, they are
VERY unlikely to be influenced by any amount of noise here
on this list.  Several Omega folks do subscribe to this list,
but who knows if they actually read it.

We're far better served by discussion of practical, positive
solutions to our problems.  What workarounds are available,
if Omega doesn't come through?  Aren't traders supposed to be
self-reliant?

Quit whining and fix the problem, whatever that takes.

Jim