Re: Yes, with Omega back test without risking a penny!

  • To: "Doug Deming" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Yes, with Omega back test without risking a penny!
  • From: "Neal T. Weintraub" <ntw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:13:11 -0400 (EST)

It seems that the Omega users became unhappy when they learned that all the
backtesting they were doing and trading failed them when we started sliding
down the Dow slippery hill. Yes, a rising tide carries all boats, and most
traders merely had to buy. Now that trading has become more difficult, the
Omega users are bashing the product. I guess it is basic atrtribution
theory. When you make money you are a Greek of Geek god. When you lose money
you start blaming the software. Maybe this list will start focusing on
trading and less on server problems.