Re: Addressed to only the Successful Daytraders

Felix,

First of all I want to say that I would not recommend day-trading to
anyone-- but for those who find it themselves, study it extensively, and
discover how to do it well-- it can be very rewarding and profitable.

I've traded everything from Value-Line to S&P to Bonds & Currency Futures--
Stocks & Options, etc. over the years-- but gave up Futures a few years ago
in an attempt to retain whatever sanity remained.

It is impossible to speak of day-trading in generalities.  One needs to find
Markets that are suited to their temperament.  I found that S&P Futures got
too erratic and volatile for me.  These days, the very tame OEX index is
just fine and very profitable.

You could choose 100 charts of various trade-able entities at random and
show me un-named charts.  I could tell you, with some degree of accuracy,
which ones would suit my temperament and would be worth day-trading, and
which ones would not.  Most would fall into the "would not" category, and
many that did qualify don't have the necessary liquidity or daily volume.

You might compare day-trading to becoming a 747 pilot -- most people who
don't have a physical or psychological limitation would qualify if they
started early enough in life and followed a prescribed path that leads to
that goal.  However, most people would not be interested-- many who are
would not be willing to make the sacrifices and endure the amount of
training necessary, and some would find a much easier and less stressful
path to riches.