Where's the Board???

> One thing I hate about the product is that you can delete indicators from
> the indicators set when you think you're deleting the indicator on the
> chart.  Whoops... well kiss money flow goodbye.
>
>  - Hacker

I'd be interested in hearing more on the above problem.  Did you contact
them about this?  How long ago?  What was their response?  Have they
fixed the problem?  If not, have they given you a timeframe in which it
would be fixed?  Did they offer an explaination as to why the above
"feature" was implemented like this in the first place?  If so, what was
their explaination?

The reason I'm asking is that, next to TradeLab, my impression is that
this might be a good candidate company with which to consider doing
business.  "Little" things, like how the above was handled, can
oftentimes speak volumes about how a business truly views it's "Valued
Customers".

MB's question to WoW on this List a few days ago, for example, generated
an almost-immediate reply.  That was a good sign.  Compare WoW's
almost-immediate response with Omega's total lack of response to
repeated questions pertaining to the current status on the Y2K patch for
TS4...an obviously important issue with current customers.  What does
that lack of response say about Omega and how they view their customer
base?  A rather amazing stance for a publically-owned corporation on the
verge of a major Class Action lawsuit to be taking, wouldn't you think?

Quite obviously, none of Omega's Board of Directors are subscribers to
this List.  If they were, I'm absolutely certain that they would never
allow Omega to ignore such a large group of customers.  Perhaps, JimO
might consider sending these folks a complimentary subscription to the
List.  Does anyone have their e-mail addresses?  Do these people even
have e-mail addresses?

If I were the lawyers in the Class Action suit which MB posted at his
Web site, I'd drag every one of these people into court, put them on the
stand, and ask them point-blank, in front of a common-sense jury,
precisely why they allowed Omega to be managed in such a fashion that
they lost literally thousands of once-loyal customers.

The impending Class Action lawsuit against Omega is not near as much a
technical-issues matter as Pierre would want you all to believe; it's
much more a management issue.  Were Omega competently managed, the vast
majority of technical issue SYMPTOMS would never have become a
problem...they'd have been delt with long ago rather than being allowed
to fester and drive Omega customers away in hoards.

We'd all, for example, be sitting here today happier than Pigs in Po-Po
with TS4 Y2K patches installed on our computers...showering heaps of
praise on Bill Cruz and Company for the wonderful job they were all
doing.
Omega's Technical people would be assigned to monitor this List and
promptly respond to any and all Customer Concerns.  Mark Brown would be
repeatedly shouted down by fellow List members for his incessent heaping
of well-deserved praise on Omega and Bill Cruze.  JimO would eventually
end up kicking Mark off the list for getting so carried away with all
his well-founded but painfully-obvious Songs of Glory.

But that's not quite the situation, is it?  Why not?

Bill Cruz may be the leading candidate for Mis-manager of the Year Award
but listen, people...he's nothing but an Omega employee.  No different,
in certain respects, than the guy who empties his trash can every
night.  The REAL people we should be complaining to sit on the Board of
Directors...they're the one's with the REAL power (and fiduciary
responsibility) to literally DO something about Omega's current
management problem.  They're the one's whose feet should be held to the
fire by current shareholders and Omega customers if they continue to
ignore the obvious.

No e-mail addresses?  No problem.  Let's get some names and addresses
posted to this list and let's fire off a round of snail mail to those
who sit on the board, cc'd to the lawyers bringing the Class Action suit
perhaps.

Beats the heck out of banging our collective heads against Mr. Cruze's
door any longer as far as I'm concerned.

Pierre's correct: if all we do is continue to complain TO THE LIST...we
should all sign up for psychiatric assistance.  I think Bill Cruz
figured out long ago that if that's all we did then we'd be
"well-contained" and, hence, no "real" problem.  He's absolutely right.

Time to break out of the box.

Dave