Re: Momentum & Velocity

according to martin pring, "momentum measures the velocity of a price
move." ("market momentum," p.2).

in most of the ta books i've examined, the authors use momentum and
velocity interchangeably.

perry kaufman gives a more technical discussion on velocity and
acceleration as applied to the markets in his '87 book ("the new
commodity trading systems...," pp.108-112). for a more in-depth look,
grab a college level calculus or physics textbook.

TJ

---Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I didn't see the discussion that you mention, but in my work--
Momentum is the measured result of a price movement based on the
degree of Velocity that was required to produce the result