Re: Indicators, Beagle or human

In a message dated 10/19/98 10:12:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 I believe that the widespread use of computers and computer software in
 trading is based in large part on the apparent ease of trading using formula
 based indicators .... a myth which is heavily promoted by the mass market
 trading software vendors who promote their software based on indicator count
 and system count. Yet, that ease is deceiving ... those who trade
 successfully something like a simple RSI or Stochastic (and there are
 traders who do), know that the secret lies in recognizing and trading the
 subtle patterns of confirmation and divergence rather than simplistic line
 cross-overs and those patterns are far more difficult to program than A
 Cross Below B.

 Earl

Well said Earl, this is what I've always felt. As you point out you are a very
experienced programmer. What about all the others who do not have your
background in programming? I decided for me it would take a lifetime to learn
all the nuances of programming with TS, at least something worthwhile to
trade. Since I want to be a trader I will have to choose a different path, and
use TS only as a data feed and for charting purposes. I probably should have
just bought SC.

John