Re: Gambling Indicators

At 02:44 PM 10/19/98 -0500, Timothy Morge wrote:
<snip>
>I'm not sure I see the point. Following any method blindly is usually going to
>lead to ruin. Unless you are prepared, you won't be able to use a tool to your
>advantage.

Tim:

The point is to make an intelligent tool that provides a superior result.

An experienced craftsman can probably make a hand-crafted engine block for
a high performance vehicle. A numerically controlled fabrication facility
can probably do it better, faster, and not have to account for bad days,
days when it wasn't in the mood or wanted to sleep late, etc.

Carefully designed intelligent devices can control trains more safely and
comfortably than can human controllers. Very sophisticated flight platforms
can't be flown by seat-of-the-pants old-time aviators; they're flown by
computer with human input.

So too with indicators. Intelligent indicators can keep track of many more
inputs in real-time than can humans, can do so without emotion, and can do
so with consistency. Tough design task? Absolutely! Haven't seen any?
Doesn't mean they don't exist.

Allan