Re: No Rocket Scientist Need Apply Here

Dear Mark,

I have difficulties understanding the merits of posting trade reports if the
system rules are not available for inspection. Other crucial details are
missing as well or are misleading: Is this out-of sample data ? Why are
there no transaction costs ? 70 trades is hardly statistically relevant.

The article I did this after was presented to me one night at a local TS
users meeting.  It was an article from STOCK and COMMODITIES magazine bonus
issue 1996, page 83 titled Evolution of a timing model, the value line
percent swing system, written by Nelson Freeburg.  There now that you have
all the missing details except the code, and you are certainly I guess
capable of programming such.  You can feel free to contribute the code when
you get it programmed,  I have a policy of not giving out any code of
systems that I trade and I certainly trade this one.   I would also like to
comment that the system holds up even on daily data and other Index's and
Commodities ect. it is worth this list digging into, the original percent
swings are a standard 4 percent.  MB

P.S. so now you know if I post it I dont use it or I have quit using it.
and none of the below comments apply to me so I'll not respond.

I do not want to liken you with bullshit-system-sellers but perhaps you
could elaborate on the wisdom we should draw from this example. You state
the intention to help others "who are looking for a longer term method of
trading" but you do not reveal the code.

So far it looks to me like some kind of self promotion.

I would be most grateful if you could keep the same standards of behavior
that you have been frequently trying to impose on others. You might feel
that these standards do not apply to you because you are honest anyway -
which I believe.

But it should be pointed out that some newbies might be inclined to use your
services under the false assumption that this trading system reflects the
performance they could enjoy if they were your customer.

Sincerely,

Gerrit Jacobsen