Re: No Rocket Scientist Need Apply Here

:> http://www.markbrown.com/vline.htm

:I have difficulties understanding the merits of posting trade reports
:if the system rules are not avaible for inspection. Other crucial
:details are missing as well or are misleading:
:Is this out-of sample data ?
:Why are there no transaction costs ?
:70 trades is hardly statistically relevant.

I believe that the system posted was a variation of Marty Zweig's Value line
system, where if the value line changes 2-4% from its previous close
(weekly),this resulted in a change in direction. As for why only 70 trades
were done...it's weekly bars going back to 1975.  As for transaction
cost...what's the transaction cost when you have a week to get a trade
off...$250 slippage per contract with $30 commision?

The only question I have is do we use the geometric or arithmatic Value Line
for our calculations. ;-)