Re: No Rocket Scientist Need Apply Here

Dear Mark,

even regarding the danger of getting into a flame war (which I do not
wish) let me make the follwing comments.

> http://www.markbrown.com/vline.htm

I have difficulties understanding the merits of posting trade reports
if the system rules are not avaible for inspection. Other crucial
details are missing as well or are misleading:
Is this out-of sample data ?
Why are there no transaction costs ?
70 trades is hardly statistically relevant.

I do not want to liken you with bullshit-system-sellers but perhaps
you could elaborate on the wisdom we should draw from this example.
You state the intention to help others "who are looking for a longer
term method of trading" but you do not reveal the code.

So far it looks to me like some kind of self promotion.

I would be most grateful if you could keep the same standards of
behaviour that you have been frequently trying to impose on
others. You might feel that these standards do not apply to you
because you are honest anyway - which I believe.

But it should be pointed out that some newbies might be inclined to
use your services under the false assumption that this trading system
reflects the  performance they could enjoy if they were your
customer.

Sincerely,

Gerrit Jacobsen