Re: Trend or No Trend, Gambler Indicators

I fall in the category of discretionary trader using indicators. I use
three indicators, a revised version of the CCI, a momentum indicator and a
referenced MA for the big trend. I don't use stops but time and if I'm not
profitable right off the bat I'm looking to get out and do keep a mental
monetary stop and
if it hits that I'm gone. Time of day is important and time length of the
trade is important. Hardest thing to do is buy into weakness and sell into
strength but that's what I've found works best because I'm not on the floor
so I can't afford to wait. On the exit I sell into strength and buy into
weakness.
Patterns is what I see because all my indicators lag but I use them like
you use white lines driving your car.
Thats why I'm looking at stocks now the executions in the S&P is good but
not 2 seconds like it is in stocks.
Hard on the nerves day trading this way and is just plan hard work. I'm
still an emotional trader and emotional traders needs short time spans real
short. I guess I'm a control freak and can stand it when I have to hope a
trade. Except for grains I'm long corn and beans and that doesn't bother me
because I had that planned in my mind, I don't even look at it until next
spring.

Robert