Re: Trend or No Trend, Gambler Indicators

Neil, these are excellent points.

It seems to me that these 'gambler indicators' are based on linear
methods and these indicators are attempting to model a non-linear
system.

Having said that, I have looked into fields of non-linear dynamics,
chaos and fractals.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to establish any
relationship between theories of these fields and dynamics of markets in
general [shortcoming mine].

Recently, I came across the works of Henry D.I. Abarbanel of Institute
of Nonlinear Science in San Diego.  Abarbanel has written a book titled
"Analysis of Observed Chaotic Data."  This book has a target audience of
hard core academics and scientists in the fields of physics, mathematics
and other related sciences.