Re: Bad Ticks from DBC

Barry Burgess <BarryJBurgess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> is having fun with DBC and
DTB data:

> Carroll and Hans
> I wish I had the problem you both have with the S&P - try the DAX - I
> started in JULY 98 The problems were as follows. At 9.30am EST the DAX
> stooped for 5 to 20 minutes and then continued to put out the data 5 to 15
> minutes late due to spooling. The ticks prior to 9.30 were between 8  to
> 12 per minute. They dropped to 1 to 5 per minute after that Many
> complaints later, the situation after was that the ticks got to 2 minutes
> late at 9.30am but the spooling problem continued. Added to this the Xetra
> DAX (AX A0) was the DAX 30 cash(SX A0) for many of the days. Many more
> complaints later and 3 months later the problem is not solved. At best the
> data is 12 seconds late but if a break occurs say 10 minutes the data is
> 10 minutes late until you call and ask for the buffer to be cleared. The
> Xetra stops at 9.30am EST instead of 11am EST. The sevice continues to
> stop for upto 10 minutes throughout the day. Is this the "as is"  warrenty
> suppied by DBC.
>
> To all of the American DBC users, how do I get them to provide the service
> they promised.
>
> To all the Germany DBC users, how do you put up with this service. Are
> there any of you out there

I use DBC (but not DTB <g>) - would love BMI, but it aint available in europe at
all

> Hans is there a TS user group.???

yes, the world famous he96-group - sofar Im alone in it.........

 > Are there no BUND users of DBC ??? - On the 7 October the service has only
> switched on 25 minutes late and again on the 9 October. This cannot be a
> line or LAN or WAN problem- it is somebody not getting up early enough to
> switch on the service.

I copy your message to the GERMAN DBC office and hope to hear from them
or the London office and will forward any reply to you and the group

rgds hans