Re: In defense of Omega Support

:I really feel for your frustration over the pathetic retort you have had,
:daring to suggest that Omega's Technical Department were helpful.  I have
no
:doubt that when you contacted them you were pleasant and polite and they
:responded accordingly.  If those who are so loud and rude on this list
acted
:in the same way as you, perhaps they might start to get somewhere with
their
:problems - and maybe even with their trading.  Have you noticed, it is
:always the empty barrels that make most noise?

:Bill Eykyn

I think the omega man was trying to be sarcastic. He's an advocate of OR on
this list and when someone had good things to say about OR, he was trying to
prod the bashers on this list into another flame war. Just my 2 cents.

As for me, I haven't had a serious problem with the software except for the
dubious signals I get once in a while (but I think Pierre and others had
said that this was a result of the convoluted XAverages I use in Blau's
TSI). However, when I was starting out and needed tech support (Server
wasn't seeing the block, couldn't get the printer to work, getting an
expired password warning when everything was alreayd paid for, etc.), they
were very helpful (after waiting for them to get on the phone for 5 minutes
on a toll line but this is typical of tech support of all companies) and
knowledgeable. Which tells me these problems I had are pretty common. ;-)