Re: Gambling Indicators: They work!

no, no, no.  i'm not comparing 100% mechanical systems vs
discretionary trading methods, or the merits of one plan of action
over the other.  it's these differences that make the markets.

what i meant is that some traders realize early on that visual trading
ain't for them, so they move on to developing 100% mechanical systems.
 then they may regret all that wasted time as a "tick twitcher."

however, i don't feel that way. watching price provides a solid
foundation on which to discover the holy grail(s).  just because it
hasn't been found, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. but price and
its derivatives will figure prominently in the system's mechanics once
it's found. so, yes, observing price behavior is valuable experience
for the tick twitcher and system tweaker alike.

TJ

---DStan34930@xxxxxxx wrote:
Not necessarily. I'm 100% simply because I prefer to trade that way.
Let's not open that can of worms again.  I went thru "bootcamp" as you
define it and consider the experience invaluable. My first 100%
mechanical system was totally based on price
action I learned from "bootcamp". The system failed as a standalone
product and was herendous to code.
However, coupled with other concepts as per your previous post, those
concepts learned from price are invaluable.