Re: Handling excessive volatility

Felix:

The problem is that many traders feel they 'need' to be in every trade, they
'need' to try to catch every move. As a trader, you don't have to catch the big
move down and then try to catch the big move up. For example, if you are short
S&Ps and you got short this week, you probably were not at a loss today. If you
have a short term perspective, at one point todday you had at least 50 S&P big
figures in profit. If you weren't short for a longer-term trade, you could have
set a reasonable profit target and gotten out at a nice profit. You don't 'need'
to get long today. If you make 30 or 40 SP big points in a day, give it a rest.
Take a breather. Get some perspective.

I think more damage is done to accounts and more poor trading habits are
revealed by traders that overtrade. If you have a commodity account because you
'have' to be in the market all the time, you are addicted, not trading.

Best,

Tim Morge [The 'you' was not meant to refer to Felix, but any trader...]