Re: Handling excessive volatility

You wrote:
> Felix:
>
> The problem is that many traders feel they 'need' to be in every
> trade, they 'need' to try to catch every move. As a trader, you
> don't have to catch the big move down and then try to catch the big
> move up. For example, if you are short S&Ps and you got short this

Couldn't agree more.  I tried trading Amazon.com intraday today.  I
made a half a point on the plunge in the first hours of trading and
got bored with the subsequent meandering upwards.  The price action
looked fairly non-commital.  Now it turns out that those "upward
meanderings" probably would have been quite profitable but who
cares?  I'll keep my powder dry for a day where the trading has more
character.

- Hacker

---
Dark Hacker             |  Fortress Of Computation
hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/

Investment and Market Outlook:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Investment/index.html
Bishop Protein Analytics:
	http://www.computation.com/pub/hacker/Bishop/index.html

       "Building our future... one twisted freak at a time."