Re: FW: TS Cursor stuck problem

On Mon, 05 Oct 1998 Rod wrote:
>I run TS 4 build 21 on NT 4 with Service Pack 3 and a SCSI hard disk
>system with NTFS.  I have never (yet) experienced a stuck cursor in
>any application.  Perhaps it is related to the graphics adapter
>and its driver.

Same setup. I have, however, experienced stuck cursors and
other "mouse weirdness". I believe the anomalies I've
experienced are related to third party mouse drivers. I've
used several different pointing devices and the drivers all
seem to be geared for Win95. Even the third party drivers
I've used that are, ostensibly, written for NT don't work
all that well.

Personally, I like the Expert Mouse trackball. However,
Kensington tech support has acknowledged a number of
"issues" with their NT driver. One guy even told me that,
although they're working closely with Microsoft, a final
resolution probably wouldn't be reached until NT 5 is
released.

At any rate, all my mouse-related problems disappear when I
use the generic NT driver. Are any of you experiencing this
problem when using the driver that ships with NT?

Best regards,
Jim