Re: TS5 Press Release:

>commercial yes, private no.  a lot of the basic trading functions you
>mentioned have been programmed into VC++ and VB toolkits.  the success
>of any private trading platform is keep it simple in the beginning and
>expand fuctionality in gradual steps.  i don't plan on having any
>"talking heads" or other stupid expert commentary bells and whistles.
>the basic challenge of getting something to work under linux should be
>sufficient challenge in the beginning.

Yes, but what is our argument? is it...
1. Can TraderJack can build a great trading station on the Linux Platform?
	if it is,then there is no argument...I would agree...YES
or is it...
2. OMEGA is evil and purposely
-lies
-cheats customers
-tries to make code that fails in the real world

then the arguments is NO...I cannot agree with this. I think they have a tough job and I think any of us would have just as hard of time as Bill Cruz in handling the growth of a leading software product. It is in OMEGAS best interest to make the best product they can at this point in time.

>define vaporware.  tradelab's core module has been finished for over 4
>months, may be longer. the charting module is close (within 30 days)
>to release.  if tradelab is vaporware, then so it ts 5, wouldn't you
>agree?

YES, I would agree. My arguement is simply that TradeLab is not commercially available at this time...none of us can evaluate it in real-life situtations as we can TS4. TS5 would also be vaporware...and I will not believe its new features until we can test them as well.

>and afaik, there's hundreds of orders pending based on nothing more
>than word of mouth and bb's website hits.

It is one thing for people to say they are going to buy....and it is another thing to BUY...but to make an argument, i will agree that "hundreds are going to buy"...I will pcik a number out of my butt and say "300" will buy, and they will pay $995 each....TradeLab makes a quick $300k...he has to pay himslef...a programmer like that would of earned $100k in the provate sector...he has to spend make 33% on costs...packaging, marketing etc...so he is ahead $100k from where he would of been if he had done nothing...but the challenge now is to keep sales up...can he do it? Time will tell.

A.D.