Re : TS5 Press Release: Did we miss something?

Dans un courrier daté du 03/10/98 04:46:33  , vous avez écrit :

<<
 if you construct a system on time bars, then having an identical tick
 database is not as critical if you have constructed that same system
 on tick bars.

 my research has shown that a difference of even one tick between
 databases on different computers can cause large variations in tick
 bar system (or indicator) sensitivities, especially momentum
 (velocity) and particularly accelerated momentum (acceleration).

This is not abnormal.
The conditons should match in any comparison case .

<<
 in addition, maxbarsback should be set on manual rather than auto
 detect to maintain system compatibilities on different computers.
 TJ

Yes, but this is true only for indicators.
 The Autodetect feature is (fortunately) UNAVAILABLE to trading systems.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin