Re: TS5 Press Release:

some comments

---Andy Dunn  [wrote]:

[6. If TradeLab comes out, and they are dumb enough to have an email
list, it is 100% certain that people will scream about that product as
been as crappy, or crappier than TradeStation.]

they've had a tradelab list now for many months.  most of the accused
"bashers" on the omega-list are downright cordial and helpful on the
tradelab list. i've only seen one complainer in several months.  don't
believe me, subscribe and see.

[7. If you think this type of programming is so easy, why don't you
just pay a programmer to whip together some custom code for you? I'll
tell you why...to pay a software house to do TradeStation from the
ground up would be $250,000-$500,000 or more. This is complex
programming]

Not really.  maybe in windoze, but the more i've read about linux, the
more i think it's doable.  i considered reassembling my old
programming team and giving it a go with linux, something i considered
many years ago before purchasing ts3.  if my guys could handle control
process programming and acoustic control feedback loops, then a server
/ charting package in linux shouldn't be too difficult, at least so
they tell me (i was the hardware guy on the team).  but finding the
time is another matter.

[8. I hate to tell you, but listening to customer needs does not make
a strong company]

tell that to bob brickey and tradelab.  he listened to customer
suggestions several months ago, and as a result, revamped tradelab
from a ts add-in to a competitive stand-alone product.  he'll have
more business than he can shake a stick at once the charting and umds
modules are released.

TJ