RE: Did Globex2 break....

> Somebody give me the name of the responsible guy at the CME so I can give a
> job as my gardener and he cant do any bad inside CME anymore.
>
> rgds hans
> ...getting angry

The name you are looking for is in the following news release:

 CME executes Globex back-up plan after E-mini technical glitch

    Chicago--Sep 25--Electronic trading in E-mini S&P 500 futures and
options contracts was switched today from the Globex 2 system to the
original Globex for regular trading hours, the Chicago Mercantile
Exchange
said. The change will allow technicians to correct a technical situation
identified Thursday that caused a minor slowdown in price reporting and
trade execution for some Globex 2 terminals used by E-mini traders.
               *                   *                   *
    "We had always planned to maintain the original Globex system
through
October 30 as a back-up to provide us with the ability to efficiently
address any issues that might arise with the new system after its
initial
launch," said CME Chairman Scott Gordon. "The switch over to the
original
system today was made without any disruption to normal trading in the
markets."
    The Globex 2 system is expected to resume operation Sunday evening.
Electronic trading normally ceases for the weekend at 1515 CT following
the
close of E-mini trading and resumes at 1715 CT Sunday evening.
    Gordon expressed his confidence in Globex 2, noting that average
daily
volume this week reached nearly 46,000 contracts on the system.  End