Re: I want to purchase a TS: Summary

It seems that you experienced traders don't believe in
buying trading systems. It also seems that either you don't have a
good trading system or you will not share it.

Mark: Both of the above comments are true..

Ralph Vince in his book "Portfolio Management Formulas"  wrote a
completely different assertion:

"If, like so many people, you do not believe you can find a decent
system for sale, you are sadly mistaken. True, most systems that
are for sale are junk, yet some are very good, and some are terrific".
and he completes: "systems, like market ideas, are 99.73% junk".

Mark: Then please have Ralph post here what he will put his faith in..No he
wont do that!  There are talkers and doers, and what everyone hates is a
talker that can do. But what everyone loves is a talker that cant do, GO
figure!

My question to all of you is:
Aren't you guys validating the random-walk hypothesis?

Mark: YES! I have found that there are several trading theories, trade what
you see, trade with the trend, trade against the trend, trade high
volatility, trade low volatility and more I agree with them all.  Now lets
get advanced and think about all those categories split into trading valid
data and trading random data.  See now you have not only the trading methods
to content with but you have pure data, impure data, and mixed together data
* the different methods of trading.  I trade systems on random data that
make more than on any pure or mixed data.  I subscribe to random walk and
have been successful using it to trade.  In this case actually money
management is the system.  I subscribe to pure data theory and make most my
money this way, while not as quickly gratifying as the random method.  It is
a very stable and trustworthy method of trading.  However I have to say that
once random data has been fenced in it can be also very predictable, thus is
it truly random?  I dont know but I'm going along for the ride anyway.  The
only method that I have found to not work is the very method most use, which
is to deploy a perfectly sound method and there are many as I 've said.  To
a mixture of random and pure data, which is otherwise know as regular data
or mixed.

Why are you still in this business?

Mark: Only because I have a mission in life and I will not be deterred to
long from it, though I wonder from the path quite often.  I have found that
you must recharge your batteries as so well put.  MB

Any comments will be gladly appretiated.  <appreciated

Alfredo