MARK BROWN HAS ACHIEVED NOTHING

Mark Brown wrote:

<<My intent is to get Bill Cruz off his ass and give me a 4.0 software patch
so I can continue to use the software I bought from him.>>

My intent is to fight the idea, your idea, that your need is a sacred idol
requiring human sacrifices - that your need is a guillotine which hangs over
the lives of other men - that all of us must live with our work, our hopes,
our plans, our efforts at the mercy of the moment when your knife of need
will descend upon us - and that the extent of our ability is the extent of
our danger, so that success will bring our heads down on the block, while
failure will give us the right to pull the cord.  This is the horror you
represent as an ideal of righteousness.

You seek to practice charity with wealth you do not own, by giving away
goods you have not produced.  You are the symbol of the idea that need, not
achievement, is the source of rights, that we don't have to produce, only to
want, that the earned does not belong to those who have earned it, but that
the unearned belongs to those who have not.

You are the justification for every mediocrity who, unable himself to
produce, demands the power to dispose of the property of his betters, by
proclaiming a willingness to devote his life to robbing them.  You are the
parasite which men have come to regard as a moral ideal - the blood sucking
leech - attached to the real value producer.

You represent a world in which the more a man produces, the closer he comes
to the loss of all his rights, until, if his ability is great enough, he
becomes a rightless creature delivered as prey into your grasp - while in
order to be placed above rights, above principles, above morality, placed
where anything is permitted to you, even plunder and murder, all you have to
do is be in need.  You are what I am fighting, Mr. Brown.  Until men learn
that, of all human symbols, you represent the most immoral and most
contemptible, there will be no justice on earth.

The Omega Man