Good Idea to Force a FIX, Lets Do It

Subject: Exchanges closed on Columbus Day

I recently posted a message which stated that there was a new exchange
holiday, Columbus Day. When I originally posted the message I mistakenly

Melody, This just exemplifies Omega Researches Quality control and again
drives home the fact that no one who is in control around there has a clue.
This is just yet another demonstration of Omega's inability to get the facts
strait.  I have to wonder if Omega cant get the small details right, how
then will we have either a 4.0 patch or TS 5.0 out before its too late?   I
wonder has every one first been trained in the symbol universe department,
before being promoted to more serious post?   I would request that you be so
informative about Y2000 patches, 5.0 release dates, symbol universe settings
as you have about small details that amount to nothing.  Well we are all
waiting for you to make a similar accurate post about these subjects.  The
facts are Bill Cruz wishes that all experienced users of TS would go away.
That way he can continue to concentrate on the newbie that hasn't a clue.
Just the same as he obviously uses a newbie to post articles of
misinformation to this list.

Below is what has been proposed to me by a fellow list member privately, I
suggest we do it collectively and we will either make Bill Cruz you know the
rest.....

Hi Mark...

Want to take your friend Bill Cruz to a Come to Jesus meeting...Mark
Brown style?

Simple: take up a collection from Omega List members to run ads in TASC,
Futures Magazine, etc. saying something along the lines of:

"Thinking about purchasing an Omega software product?  Subscribe first
to the independent Omega e-mail List and hear what 1200 Omega customers
and Solution Providers *really* think about Omega and it's
products...the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly...all uncensored.  For your
free subscription, blah...blah...blah..."

Given 1200 List members, if half would contribute, say $10 then that
would generate $6000 in revenues to place ads.

When you run out of money, just post another request; continuing as long
as interest (in the form of donations) continues.

Imagine the effect upon Omega.

At present, they pretty much ignore their "Valued Customers" on the
List, relying instead upon so-called "Solution Providers" such as Pierre
and Village Idiots such as the Omega Man to defend them.

However, as you quite correctly pointed out a few days ago, Omega's
*real* intent (like the cigarette companies, BTW) is to 'reel in' the
seemingly endless supply of newbies...those without yet enough
sophistication to be able to make Informed Choices.

By threatening Omega's primary source of income through the education of
newbies, they will be forced to become more responsive to concerns
voiced over and over again by List members.

This then is a situation which will ultimately benefit
*everyone*...Omega included.  And, for that reason, I think the idea
deserves consideration.

Who knows, perhaps even Mr. Cruz himself might enjoy making a
contribution directed toward the ultimate education of potential "Valued
Customers".

Might a "Dear Valued Corporate Sponsor" letter do the trick?  Only
$10,000 and Omega automatically becomes a Charter Member of the Newbie
Education Club?

He sure would look Pretty Stupid turning down such an
offer...*especially* if it were publically made perhaps three months
*after* the above types of ads had been run and a Critical Mass of
Newbies had been newly-subscribed to the List :-)

At any rate, Mark...just an idea...feel free to do whatever with it as
you see fit.