Re: TS Running on LINUX? You Bet!

Hi Mark!

You made a joke - I'm not sure !
1) I pointed out my impression, that server and charting module are
communicating about DDE - this not a file sharing problem ! Only mapping drives
between different PC should not work. By the way, I scanned on different
installation the system.ini  - as you mentioned - for lines regarding Omega
products but there are no config's regarding Omega that I could edit.

2) Installation of different TS modules on different local drives C:, D:, ....
is no problem - > local, not network drives ! To get it work, you have to edit
the or_....ini's and omega.ini in the Windows home directory !

3) DDE is a kind of server client communication, first of all designed from MS
to communicate between different application running on the same PC - that's the
reason because the omega server and the charting module are running on the same
PC. Anyway, there is an extension, the NETDDE.EXE, etc. available, that could
spread such kind of communication. about a network. But, for using such a
technique you must have the right application, designed for that - not Omega TS
4.0 with the Signal server, etc.!  To solve this problem,  I could imaging,
using a special combination/extension like a server-gateway combination, able
for communicating about the network and able to handle the DDE requests from the
TS charting modules. I think, you have found such kind of solution with the PC
Quote Server - congratulation !

4) I hope, no one followed your proposal deleting all files in the Omega Dir.
...... ! Otherwise he will have to spend a lot of time to correct this mistake
and recover his old, working configuration.

5) The best of your comments and very wise >> This can be either slow or super
fast.... !

Many Thanks
Frank