Re: TS Running on LINUX? You Bet!

Subject: Re: TS Running on LINUX? You Bet!

>Has anyone ever provided instructions on how to seperate the server and
charting to seperate computers?  I tried it once, but was unable to get it
working?  There are a lot of different configuration files/settings.  Is it
possible to do under NT or Win 95/98?

>Chris Lober

Chris, in the good ole days of  TS 2.0 and 3.0 you could during the
installation specify specifically the location of the different modules of
TS.  This is where I cut my teeth on splitting the program.   I would
venture to say that if you can load two TS on the same PC.  One on drive C:
and one on drive D:.  Then get the server on drive C: to provide the
Charting on drive D: with data then your home free.  Your ready to try it on
a network, you might need a network guru to help configure the network
security and file sharing to get it all to work, but thats another story.
MB