Re: Three Drives Discussion

It is a detrend study.  I think I got it from the Omega site but here is
the ELA.

I don't know that the oscillator that you use is particularly important as
long as it shows divergences and such.  I have almost always used a slow
stochastic to trade the setup and suspect that RSI or any number of
momentum indicators would work.

>Now that you asked, I have a question. I was trying to duplicate your chart
>but do not know what indicator you are using. You call it "Momentum". Is
>this the common Momentum indicator:
>
>     Price - Price[Length]
>
>If so, what length do you use?
>
>I am a system trader so typically use set-ups that I can program in
>EasyLanguage. Unfortunately, divergences and trendlines are pretty hard to
>program reliably but I thought I might try.
>
>Looks like an interesting setup.
>
>Thanks.

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\Detrend1.ela"

Stewart Taylor
Taylor Fixed Income Outlook
Voice: 501-219-9774
Fax: 501-228-0963
E-Mail: staylor@xxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.cei.net/~staylor/From ???@??? Thu Sep 10 09:34:28 1998
From: Scott Hoffman <trader20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx'" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: optimal f and futures lots traded
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:06:34 -0700

As usual, I wholeheartedly support Bob's observation. Using the Sharpe ratio or some other home grown variant is the best way I know of to measure system performace. The great thing is it allows you to measure apples to oranges.

Scott Hoffman