RE: Optimal F and other MM Techniques

I am familiar with 1 and 3. I would like to learn about 3. These are useful. In the framework of optimal f, I would say these are alternatives for investors who's utility is not completely wealth maximization.

Perhaps even more relevent..I suspect most traders fear DD because of the uncertainty of how the system will perform in the future. Of course this is exactly why I've been saying so strongly that robustness should *dwarf* maximizing edge in terms of system developement priority. Investors will trade to the left of the curve, not so much because of any investor utility but as a hedge against f shift. f shift is inversly proportional to robustness. I say, spend all your effort on robustness and let optimal f make your money.

Scott Hoffman

>1. Ryan Jones' Fixed Ratio ideas

2. Rina Systems' Secure f variant (See July98 TASC)

3. Sunny Harris' Ultimate f variant

I hope this might be helpful to someone on the list.

Neil