Re: defrag program

A.J. wrote:
>Are you sure you are talking about defrag?  Sounds like you mean scan here.
>There's no way a PC can do a defrag of even the smallest drive in less than 2
>minutes.   I run a PII 266 w/256MB on a 4 gig drive, and while I've never
timed the
>defrag, it takes a LOT longer than this.

Defrag on my PC (4 gig HD, 2 gig partition, 200 MMX, 96 MB) takes about 10
minutes now ...that's full defrag and error checking. The longest time was
around 20 minutes.

Sometimes the defrag program will cycle over and over.  When that happens,
I shut down the computer and power off (cold reboot), then run scandisk
first followed by defrag.  Never had any cycling problems with defrag after
the cold reboot.

-Tony Haas