Re: defrag program

At 12:57 AM 10/09/98 -0400, you wrote:
>IT never takes me 4 to 7 hours. more like 30 minutes. I have it
>partioned into 4 drives.. tho. maybe that makes it faster ..I use a 150
>MHz chip.
>How much memory do you have?  I have 64 megs..
>
>Don
---
I have 32 meg RAM.

When using the defrag program, there are certain options:

1.	When I use full defrag AND check drive for errors, it usually takes 4-7
	hours.

2.	When I use defrag files only, it takes less than 2 minutes (BUT THIS IS
	NOT FULL DEFRAG).

3.	When I use defrag files only AND check drive for errors, it also takes
	less than 2 minutes (ALSO NOT FULL DEFRAG).

A friend of mine bought a pentium 2 233 mhz computer 3 months ago.  He also
complained it took him more than 5 hours for full defrag.  I don't remember
how many megabytes of RAM he has, or what size hard drive he has.

That's why I'm thinking of buying Norton for windows.  But I have to know
if the defrag program would not take a long time for full defrag, like the
one I'm using.

Hin-Shing Wong