Re: Never been more long term bullish...

Re Asia...

I heard an interesting perspective on CNBC a while back that gave an
explanation for Japan's problems, at least on a long-term, macro basis.
I forget his name but the guy's idea was to look at annual birth rates
in each country and lag them 47 years (peak spending/investing age).
Following WW2, the US and Europe had high birth rates (baby boom) but
Japan had a very low birth rate. So, this guy claimed that Japan won't
pick back up until they get a larger, younger generation up to the peak
spending/investing age. And the US will stay strong until the baby
boomers move through that age and the gen-xers move into it.

Food for thought. Anybody know where to find those numbers for different
countries on the web?

--
   Dennis