Re: Correcting the bad ticks for INDU and $INDU for 8/31/98

<< How to Correct the Bad ticks on the Dow Jones Industrial
 Average Index for 8/31/98

<snip>

 Melody A. Blais
 Omega Research, Inc.
 Customer Support Supervisor >>

Dear Ms. Blais,

By posting the procedure on the list, is Omega, in effect, suggesting
that each user corrects the INDU file by himself?

Since Omega knows now how to do it, why doesn't it just post the
corrected file on the ftp site?

I'm sure that would be a more preferable solution for your clients.
Even more preferable course of action would be to provide an
external program to convert such files into a usable form -- something
that Omega once publicly promised to do before withrawing its
commitment.

Luckily, the bad tick hit in the last 30 minutes of trading, affecting
an index consisting of only about 7000 ticks. To correct a group of
800 -1000 ticks may not seem to be a great deal of work. But the
question is: Would Omega also keep recomending the manual cleanup
for much larger files -- like DELL which yesterday reached over 10
times as many ticks as INDU?

However, if you have not corrected the file by yourselves, I'd be willing
to send you the INDU file I had corrected last night. Please let me know
if you are interested in posting it on your ftp site.

Igor Uhrik