Re: INDU/BMI data error

<<
 Anyone notice your INDU data from BMI suddenly jumping from 7725 to 8380 at
 3:35pm on 8/31?

 I thought it was a glitch in my system but the refresh data at the Omega
 Site is also in error. >>

The error is caused by a bad tick which -- when hitting the first tick
in a group of 64 ticks -- causes all the subsequent ticks to alter their
value correspondingly.

Unfortunately, the file corrupted in this manner can be corrected
only manually. Omega recognizes the problem in its software but
has reneged on its earlier promise to make a simple program that
would make the correction process less laborious. (See earlier
numerous posts by Rod Grisham and me on the subject.)

This is the time to renew our demands on Omega to provide
a solution to their known and debilitating software deficiency.

Those interested in getting a clean file corrected manually by me,
can E-mail me privately.

Igor Uhrik