Re: INDU/BMI data error

Salutations,

	I am not certain but it is VERY possible that Genesis
(<http://www.gfds.com>) can provide a paste in OMZ file to replace the
corrupted data.  I agree that this is in no way related to correcting, or
even defining, the underlying problem.  However, knowing a fix is available
might take some of the sting out of it.

	I would also ask that anyone interested join me in asking Omega to support
the GenTick data format.  It is very compact, Y2K compliant and Genesis
offered to provide the libraries so Omega would not even have to code it
themselves.  We were told at the Omega Research Developers Conference
(ORDC) that it would be supported but they seem to have backed out at a
later time.

	Please add this, each and every one who cares, to your submission to the
WishList...  I do not to step on anyones toes here, but the more subtle
method has not yielded results.

Samuel

At 12:20 PM 09/01/98 EDT, you wrote:

><<
> Anyone notice your INDU data from BMI suddenly jumping from 7725 to 8380 at
> 3:35pm on 8/31?
>
> I thought it was a glitch in my system but the refresh data at the Omega
> Site is also in error. >>
>
>The error is caused by a bad tick which -- when hitting the first tick
>in a group of 64 ticks -- causes all the subsequent ticks to alter their
>value correspondingly.
>
>Unfortunately, the file corrupted in this manner can be corrected
>only manually. Omega recognizes the problem in its software but
>has reneged on its earlier promise to make a simple program that
>would make the correction process less laborious. (See earlier
>numerous posts by Rod Grisham and me on the subject.)
>
>This is the time to renew our demands on Omega to provide
>a solution to their known and debilitating software deficiency.
>
>Those interested in getting a clean file corrected manually by me,
>can E-mail me privately.
>
>Igor Uhrik

    Samuel K. Tennis,  VISTA Research and Trading, Inc.
    8103 Camino Real C-409       voice: 1(305) 273-1321
    S. Miami, FL  33143            fax: 1(305) 273-9164
    skt@xxxxxxxx               http://www.gate.net/~skt