Re: The secret of a good trader, is it for sale ?

At 10:22 AM 8/30/98 -0600, Allan Kaminsky wrote:
>I think there are many answers to the question as to what makes a good
trader.

>I believe that at one end of the spectrum there are the seat-of-the-pants
>discretionary traders. I have no question that there are very talented and
>capable people like this who clean our clocks daily. If you were to tie
>them up, give them truth serum, and interrogate them to find out their
>secrets, I honestly believe they couldn't tell you.
>
>At the other end are the people with no inherent trading capability but
>with huge access to and knowledge of modern technology, engineering,
>advanced mathematics. The rocket scientists. The super-geeks. This is the
>end of the spectrum that I try to inhabit. Since I have no natural trading
>ability, I'm trying to capitalize on decades of geekism.
>
>Then, there are all the shades and mixtures in between these two extremes.
>You can probably find many success stories in here.
>
>However, I don't think you can necessarily back up the statement that
>people who boast aren't making money. In general, we like our heros to be
>modest. Thus when Michael Jordan turns out to be a very elegant individual
>as well as the greatest basketball player of all time, we're pleased.
>Similarly, Tiger Woods' unassuming behavior is appealing. However, there
>are successes who never tire of reminding us of that fact. Remember Muhamed
>Ali in his prime? Now, he's everyone's nostalgia hero. It wasn't that way
>30 years ago. When a public figure is successful and arrogant, we seem to
>all root for that person's downfall. But the "success gene" isen't
>necessarily tightly linked to the "modesty gene."
>
>Allan
>______________________________________

Allen;

Muhamed Ali said after losing to Leon Spinks your going to lose in life,
your going to lose your mother,father and your wife but for those you just
keep on trying for success will be successful. Real traders have good days
and bad days like everybody else in life. Yes so Ali is my idol but he was
marketing himself
and after watching Gorgeous George a wrestler he adopted that technique of
boasting. Laughing to myself wondering if you know who Gorgeous George was,
he was fun to listen to. But I don't buy tickets to hear the motives behind
those that boast of making money trading, ever once hear Warren Buffet
makes those type claims?

Robert