Re: Portfolio Maximizer

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ryan <pryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, August 17, 1998 12:16 PM
Subject: RE: Portfolio Maximizer

>So what does it have that you cant do with Excel ??

Nothing, really, I suppose, but I don't really know enough about Excel to
make that judgement.  I suppose you could figure out all the formulae and
program it yourself, but by the time you got through with all that effort,
you'd probably have a product worth selling.  Wait, they already did that.
You _could_, of course, take that $495 price tag down a bit with your
version...

>That bullseye button - every time you hit it, the new data overwrites
whatever was there before.  Correct ??

No - it either creates a brand new Individual Report in a new window within
the Portfolio Maximizer window that you currently have open, or it opens
another instance of Portfolio Maximizer and creates the new Individual
Report in that window.  This second thing usually only happens (I've found)
when you try to create a new report on the same exact set of data, using the
same system, as the one that the already-open Individual Report is based on.
But it won't ever over-write a report once it has been created.

BJ