Re: Network Modems

Hello, Jay.

	I cc: the list in case anyone might be interested in same topic.

	I found an article that might answer the question you pose.  It appears
that, I have not yet tried it but shall, you can access the Internet on the
NT WorkStation and communicate through TCP/IP over the network.

	If you get this working let me know, OK?

Windows Magazine, April 1998, column "Windows NT - How To", article "One
Line Works Fine", Page #241

Samuel

At 03:40 PM 08/14/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Not really related to trading, but I have a question about modems.  Is
>there a modem that will allow a single connection to my ISP that will
>then allow multiple computers (on a LAN) to access that connection.
>
>I have an Ascend Pipeline ISDN box and that does exactly that.  Makes a
>connection and then through a hub will allow simultaneous connections
>among my different computers.  For example, I could have one connection
>for my datafeed/electronic ordering and on another computer, be browsing
>the web or reading email.
>
>Does anyone know of an analog modem device that will allow this type of
>bandwidth sharing.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Jay Becker

    Samuel K. Tennis,  VISTA Research and Trading, Inc.
    8103 Camino Real C-409       voice: 1(305) 273-1321
    S. Miami, FL  33143            fax: 1(305) 273-9164
    skt@xxxxxxxx               http://www.gate.net/~skt