Re: NT 4.0 Service Pack 4

I apologize for the incomplete information in the previous message.  Mark,
I bet you knew exactly what I meant, right?

DOS and Windows seem to have a propensity for pretending that your hard
drive is temporary memory.  We are all very glad that this happens.  The
use of 'virtual memory' greatly increases the efficiency of your computer.

To the techno-geeks out there - Yes, I am being simplistic.

Somewhere on the hard drive it stores a number of temporary files, usually
with the extension ".TMP".  I try to herd mine into "C:\Temp\" but they
have wandered into "C:\Windows\Temp\", "C:\Dos\" and "C:\Tmp\".  In
Explorer I select "Tools", "Find", and "Files or Folders".  Search "C:\"
for "*.TMP", including subdirectories.

Hope someone finds this worthwhile.

Samuel

At 02:05 AM 08/14/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Mark,  Have you tried emptying the TMP file?  I have a hint of memory of a
similar problem that was resolved, at least in part, through that means.
>fwiw    Samuel
>
>At 09:34 PM 08/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>My 16 bit TS 4.0 is not liking Win NT 4.0 service pack 4.  Anyone else
experiencing any problems?  My toolbars have blanked out and gone crazy and
when ever I open charting no matter how many times I reboot. It tells me
charting has crashed ect. and I can ignore the error and still get though?
Weird!  Anyone still got a used copy of WFW 3.11?   Just kidding sort of..
Mark Brown
>>Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take
effect. Reboot now?  [ OK ]

    Samuel K. Tennis,  VISTA Research and Trading, Inc.
    8103 Camino Real C-409       voice: 1(305) 273-1321
    S. Miami, FL  33143            fax: 1(305) 273-9164
    skt@xxxxxxxx               http://www.gate.net/~skt