Re: dongle and printer problems

>A few months ago I began getting bidirectional cable error message. I could
disregard and still print. Now my printer is not working at all. I take the
dongle off and everything works fine. I tried a splitter but if I switch to
the printer, I get an error message that the security block is off and I
lose data. Any solutions?

>John

I experienced the same thing with a HP printer recently. I had to got to the
HP web site and get a different driver.  One that wasn't Bi-Directional,
that I believe is your problem.  As Omegas legacy software and hardware
components get older and older more and more conflicts are to be expected.
I believe it would have been better to stick with TS on Windows 3.11 and a
T-Port, those were the good old days.  I run a TS 3.5 on various versions of
Win NT until NT 4.0.  It and TS and TS  dont like each other at all.  Four
days now I have tried " everything " including putting the dongle on it.
 : - )