Re: Electronic Orders Entry ...

TOM asked

> Dear Fellows Traders,
>
> I happened to read a couple of postings about the computerized (
> electronic) orders entry such as for example: LFG's LeoWeb. Since I ve
> heard many very different approaches and opinions, so before I go life
> with LeoWeb in 2-3 Days I would like to hear and review Your opinion about
> the Advantages and Disadvantages of LFG's LeoWeb electronic order entry.
> Please, if You have any view or opinion to share - do so, so that
> everybody could express theirs.
>
> I am planning to activate me LeoWeb life within couple of days to trade
> S&P 500 Futures Index,

Tom, as I recall from lots of your posts to this list you just have your TS few
days and are still very uncertain how to operate it (which is normal for everyone
who just has it few days) - do you really feel comfortable to trade S&P ???
Have you realized the increased volatility in last days ?

> but I am still full of doubt about that decision.

you should be !

> I have also heard that sometimes I would have to wait for the fill many
> minutes (and longer?)
>
> When I called LFG, guys from there told me that on average I would get my
> fills back within 30-40 seconds. Just to mention here that I always try to
> get in ON A LIMIT so it gives me some kind of security

A LIMIT orders does does give you ZERO kind of security, as the price might
be traded and never penetraded and you will have no clue whether your done or
not - it has happenend MORE than often enough to me, I changed to MIT
orders only - but that really depends on your (honest) broker.

> about the fills but
> again do You think if the market goes through my limit price with ONLY 1
> TICK I can assume my order to be filled?

yes, you can ASSUME and NO MORE, but cant be sure,,,,,,,,,,so now ???

> What is Your experience on this one ?

Im allways done in the past, but never would that be taken for granted

> How about using OCO orders through LeoWeb ? Can you use them or they are
> not reliable

no experience with LEO

> and brokers would often forget to cancel them ?

??? cant be your problem, if your broker FORGETS sth,,,,,are you serious ?

> Also what is your opinion on the E-mini - I have heard so many positive
> remarks as negative.

LIKE IT !

> I have got confused. There are so many questions
> about the electronic order entry software.
>
> Could You make a statement about this matter please ??
>
> Thank You and wishing You Fast and Reliable Fills.

I wish myself the same every day, however sometimes Im not getting heard

> Thomas ,CA
> Email:  TomKochik@xxxxxxx
> Phone 310/ 471-8407
> FAX    SAME

TOM, please take everything I said as a FRIENDLY warning :-))....BTW just
last friday I was unable to find out what my position was for 59 !!! mintues (No,
I was not drunk, but one of the electronic toys over there collapsed) - it never
happened so badly before, but it finally did - would you like that ??? GO
AHEAD :-))

rgds hans